I am a guy that will make a decision and move on it quickly, this is good for somethings and can be a weakness at times as well. Dave Kraft, pastor at Mars Hill Church, offers a good post about what things in a fast paced world we should as leaders be slow with.
Here are a few things that need to be done slower:
- Be slow to add someone to your team
- Be slow to change your vision and direction to please some people
- Be slow to borrow money or sign for someone who does…even if they are relatives
- Be slow to take up someone’s cause without hearing the other side of the story
- Be slow to believe everything you hear or read
- Be slow to confront and correct until you’ve checked your motives and your heart
- Be slow to open your mouth and give your opinion
- Be slow to accuse someone of something
- Be slow in accusing the Lord of being unfair, unjust or uncaring
At times slower is better. Do these things slower and with His grace you will be a better leader!