Today is the day before Clarus and DSC is busy with movement as volunteers and staff prepare conference packets, the auditorium is prepared for our sessions, and the Youth Room is changed into our Clarus Books and Resources room.
If you’re still deliberating on whether or not to come, the following highlights will serve as reasons to join us if you are able. If you have already bought your ticket, the following three highlights will excite you for what is ahead. If you have not yet done so, we hope you will join us. Tickets are still available online. If cost is an issue for you at all, please just indicate this at the point of purchase and we will cover the cost for you. We want you there!
1) The Sessions
We will be joined by speakers, G.K. Beale and Carl Trueman, both professors at Westminster Theological Seminary in Philadelphia. These men will speak on our theme, “Scripture: God Speaks,” helping us clarify the nature and importance of Scripture for the Christian life, in the church, and in marriage. Here are their talk titles:
- “The Effects of Meditating on God’s Word” – Psalm 1
- “How to Guard the Good Deposit of Scripture” – 2 Timothy 1:10
- “The Centrality of Scripture in Marriage”
- “The Prophetic Word: What Preaching Is (and Is Not)”
- “Scripture’s Authority: An Ancient Doctrine”
- “A Clear and Present Word: Luther and the Clarity of Scripture”
If you cannot make the entire conference, find out when each of these talks will be given by viewing the Clarus ‘11 conference schedule.
2) The Book Giveaways
For Clarus ‘11, we’re happy to introduce a new tradition of book giveaways. Together, these titles will more than pay for the conference, and they are all titles we’d happily commend to you.
- B&H Publishers: Holman Christian Standard Bible
- Crossway: A Chapter from Tempted and Tried: Temptation and the Triumph of Christ, by Russell Moore
- Matthias Media: One to One Bible Reading, by David Helm
- Moody Publishers: Reverberation: How God’s Word brings Light, Freedom, and Action to His People, by Jonathan Leeman
- Shepherd Press: Christ Formed in You: The Power of the Gospel for Personal Change, by Brian Hedges
3) The Books and Resources Room
Another new addition with Clarus ‘11 is the Books and Resources room. In this room, hosted in the Youth Room, we will have with us nine fine organizations. Each of these organizations will have resources and literature either for free or at a conference discount. We have invited these specific organizations to join us because we want you to know about them. They are serving the church well. In addition, by coming they also help underwrite the cost of the conference, so we’d ask that you give each of them a visit and take advantage of their presence with us. Here’s who you’ll meet:
- 9Marks Ministries
- Biblical Counseling Coalition
- Christian Focus Publishers
- Matthias Media
- New Growth Press
- Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
- Westminster Theological Seminary, PA
- White Horse Inn
We look forward to seeing you at Clarus for what will be a meaningful and memorable encounter with God through His word. For more information or for tickets, visit the Clarus site. Also, childcare is available throughout the conference by registration through Kayla at email@example.com.
*This post is adapted from a recent special Clarus edition of DSC’s eNewsletter, “Looking Forward to Clarus.“ Subscribe to DSC’s eNewsletter through the Comment Card provided on your Sunday bulletin, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.